Saturday, December 27, 2008

Regret

"Bitterness and regret are habitual disabilities that reinforce themselves, they take moments and twist them into horrible shapes, they take expectations and form them into threats, they feed on fear and feast on terror."

This is from a favorite blog that I read called Chewing the Fat by David Hingsburger that I wanted to share.

I have been facing some of my own regrets myself this week and although they were not made by anyone but me, it is very disabling to not be able to move out of fear of more regrets.

SO I am disabled in more ways than one, but at least this one I can do something about.

I intend to pray and read my bible and grow as a person from this week and it's upsets (again made by me) and to see all the beautiful things that are around me.

There are so many great things happening in my life, I am dating a wonderful guy that I totally do not deserve. I can only say that it was God that brought us together and nothing that we did or deserve! Praise God!

I had 2 hours pain free on Christmas day as well, that was a beautiful present. You know how you get a gift that is really precious and maybe down the road it breaks or gets misplaced or stolen, you still have the memory of it and that is how I feel about my good moments, they are treasures from God.

I have such good and understanding friends and I am a very thankful girl, I try to be always and I hope it shows.

Soli Deo Gloria

2 comments:

Bud Driver said...

Hey there young'n Thanks for sharing your heart here it is a blessing to hear what God is doing in you.
Psalm 139:14

SDG,

Bud

Timothy said...

Bitterness and Regret will eat you alive. let it pass. Enjoy the blessings and forget the past
Your friend,, Q