Tuesday, December 16, 2008

bookworm questions

Please answer this if you have time, if you don't have time I feel really bad for you.

Aside from the bible, what is the most influencial book you have read and why?

What is your favorite book you have read just for fun/enjoyment?

I think one of mine is the book I am reading right now called "surprised by suffering" because it uses biblical means to explain that God uses suffering for His Glory.

My fav for fun is anything Anne of Green Gables or anything by Guy Gavriel Kay.

Soli Deo Gloria 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Chronicles of Narnia, and actually anything by C.S. Lewis - he's my favourite. That's probably my most influential author after the Bible.
For fun, I love Anne of Green Gables, Aesop's Fables, T.S. Eliot's "Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats", etc. I love books!
Love, Night Owl

Timothy said...

The most influential book i have read is: Foxes book of Martyrs, it also shows how God uses suffering for His Glory. My favorite entertainment book is The Winds of War by Herman Wouk, and the sequel War and Remberance. But the Bible for me is not only influential but also fun and entertaining also.,,,Q

Eddie Eddings said...

Most influencial book outside the Bible is "The Sovereignty of God" by A. W. Pink (never been the same after that)...and for a FUN read: collections of comic strips like Calvin & Hobbes and the old "Doc Savage" novels.