Friday, December 26, 2008

Unexpected blessings

I got a wonderful unexpected gift yesterday.

As many of you will know, I have chronic pain, well yesterday I was going around the corner in my town from my friends house to my own because I had forgotten something.

As a person with chronic pain, I can sometimes semi-tune out my pain, it's still there but it isn't the forefront of my mind, but it's always there and I always feel it.

Yesterday I was going back to my home to get a Christmas music CD I wanted to share, then as I got to my door I noticed my gift.

I had no pain.

NONE! 

WOW! Praise God for that wonderful Christmas gift!! I was pain free for almost 2 hours, I dunno why, but I don't need to know. It was not an anonamous gift.

I think the memory of those 2 hours of unrestricted movement and playing with my friend's children will stay with me for sometime.

I am not upset to be in pain again as you might think. With a small break, I can endure and perservere, as long as God is by my side, I will never fear.

I hope you had a blessed and wonderful Christmas time with friends and family.

Merry Christmas!

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Timothy said...

Hello,, I am elated to hear of your unexpected blessing. You needed a break. Glad to hear you had a good Christmas. Your Friend, Q