Thursday, February 5, 2009

tall kids and short me

I love children.
Being a little person (yes I am 4'9"1/2) kids seem to relate to me in a unique way and I love it.
When I meet up with a child that I have known for a while, my first question is "Are you taller than me yet?"
My nephew once asked me why I ask this and why I was so excited once he was taller than me (for the record I think he was 10 when he was taller than me, my almost 8 year old neice is almost there)
I always say "I am glad you are growing, both in height and in mind, you are growing into the beautiful person God has planned for you to be. I didn't grow in the regular way when I was growing up and I am very glad to see that you are. I thank God for you and your healthy growth" (or something along those lines)
occassionally I get questions about what it was like not to grow "properly" or if it makes me sad.
I am rarely sad and never about my health situation(s).
God made me this way, why would I complain?


Soli Deo Gloria

REformed Girl

No comments: