Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jesus loves you, hurry up!

1 Corinthians 13:7-8a by carmelscribe.

"4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." ESV study bible 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

This reading is the goal for our lives.
In my BC (before Christ) years, I do not think this would be probable or possible. never in a thousand years. If I loved it was for the love back, nothing was selfless.

When God opened my eyes..............I remember the moment, the second.
I was staring into the eyes of a man, a wonderful, strong, beautiful, loving, giving man. A man of few words and hard to understand most of the time because of his particular accent, his speech was so hard to decipher the moments he did speak.

Then one moment, out of the blue, he said,
"God loves you and wants to use you for His good purpose. Jesus is waiting, He loves you, hurry up!"

Wow!
BOOM!

It hit me. The message my friends had tried to "pound into my thick skull" for years through prayer meetings, church social outings and the like. It never fit my life. Then all of a sudden, it did!

Did I mention...

the man in question has Down's Syndrome
very few people know what a jewel of a man he is.....
very few people know that he has a profound, profound message......
very few people know or would expect God to be using him for His glory.....
very few.......

but I do..............

Soli Deo Gloria
REformed girl

No comments: