Monday, October 3, 2011

moving, moving , moving

I've been moving around a lot. I don't mean physically, bodily moving around. I mean physically 1000 boxes, rental vans moving around.
at the beginning of May, I made the hard decisions that I needed to move and that I needed to move away from the town I had been living in for the past 10 years because for me, living there and not being able to work, was starting to make me really feel like I didn't have any worth. Plus my best friend at the time was mad at me, I'm not really sure why still but I think it worked out for the best. God was working in my life.
I found a new place, it seemed to be perfect, it was a basement apartment that was very low ceiling and it was set up perfectly for a little person like myself. The landlord even put the shelves on top of each other instead of overt top of the counter so that I could reach all the cupboard space. It was within walking distance of the grocery store, the pharmacy, my new dentist and my new church. I thought things were perfect. Well I had been looking for this place I had been trying to get into my Aunt's building, but there had been no vacancies. Unfortunately, I'm sure you picked it up by all the past tense, the apartment wasn't as perfect as I thought it was. There was flooding, one of the two postmarks sized windows had to be covered at all times so I had very little light, and there were several types of mold and a white crystalline from fungus in the closet. The first time it flooded was because I had moved the plywood off of the second window because I did not know why it was there. The landlord tried to tell me he did not know that there was going to be a flooding issue and that it hadn't flooded in the spring but I find that hard to believe because how else would he'd known to have blocked the window. He promised to fix it, but nothing is getting done.
At a doctor's appointment, I had mentioned that there was mold in my environment, and my doctor told me I should not live in an environment like that with my compromised immune system and the fact that I only have one and a half long capacity instead of the average two. So I called my landlord and gave my notice. It was very hard for me to do that because I don't like feeling like I'm letting people down.
I was away for two weeks and when I came back the apartment had flooded again even with the board being left on the window! My mattress is ruined but hopefully the landlord is taken care of that! He promised that he would now I'm just having to be patient and wait for him to get back to me.
The good news in all this kerfuffle is that I put in an application to my Aunt's buildingand got a beautiful bachelor's apartment on the ninth floor. I guess you can say I'm on cloud nine. If I weren't so exhausted! I am slowly unpacking and hope to have my first visitors this weekend as it is Canadian Thanksgiving.
In God's timing, things worked out perfectly, I believe he gave me this experience so that I can trust in him more deeply that He will take care of me and all my needs and I pray that I can be a blessing to someone in this building.
so this Thanksgiving I'm thankful to be in the house that doesn't leak! And I think my cats are too!
Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for?
Soli Deo Gloria
REformed Girl

No comments: