Monday, October 3, 2011

Modest Monday

I thought on this modest Monday, as I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging,that I would explain to you why I choose to wear modest clothes. Why I choose modesty.
I feel better when I'm covered. End of statement. when I see people having to pull up shirts that are riding low or pants that are riding low for that matter, I feel comfortable in what I wear. Having sensory issues means that I wear a lot of dresses, skirts, jumpers which make me feel more feminine but which mostly I wear because I hate pants.
A second good reason why I choose to wear modest clothes is because I believe it's my responsibility to my brothers in Christ that I not tempt them into lustful thoughts. I don't claim to be any great beauty! I am definitely not! But I feel like it's my duty to protect the minds and hearts of my brothers and hope that they would do the same for me.
I feel good when I'm covered. You can still wear pretty clothes and have pretty things and be modest. Putting a tank top under a low cut shirt or making sure that your undergarments don't show are little things that I choose to do to make modern clothes more modest.
I'm sure that there are other reasons, which I will talk live on another modest Monday! Thanks for letting me back into the blogging world and I hope to continue blogging.
Soli Deo Gloria
REformed Girl

No comments: