I have been thinking a lot about God's plan for my life lately and I thought I should tell you, dear readers and friends, a little bit about me whilst still maintaining my hard kept anonimity.
I choose to be anon. partially because it's a scary, scary world here on the internet and partially just because it's random and randomness is the essence of me. Also people with disabilities have so little privacy at times that sometimes I really cherish it. I mean, I've had more doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, massage therapists, psychologists, specialists know all my personal information than my family and friends do!
so more about me and God's plan for me so far? here we go!
5 random facts!
1) I was born in Canada and I still live here working as a live in assistant for 6 people with developmental/learning disabilities
2) my parents are both atheists and really really don't like that I am a Christian, a Bible carrying 5 point Calvinist Christian. WOW that is quite a contrast now that I look at it in print Praise God, God is so good to little bad sinful me to pour His grace upon grace into my little life. I pray that I will always glorify Him in my choices, I have made many mistakes in my life and will continue to but I always own up to them, no matter how difficult it is.
3) I was born with a really rare birth defect, I am random by choice but rare by birth. I'm the girl that, at the hospital, had all the docs and medical students coming in at all hours of the day or night to talk about my case, in front of me, like I was a peice of meat on display at the butchers (maybe that is why I don't like meat lol) that is one of the reasons I guard my privacy so highly now. I still have other docs trying to sit in on appointments I have with specialists, but I turf them all out now that I am old enough to have a voice. Psalm 139:13-16 is a very precious reminder for me to praise Him in all that I am, even in this.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
ESV bible Psalm 139:13-16
4) I didn't really start reading the bible seriously until about 6 months ago. I have always had one since I became a Christian but they have always been borrowed, on November 11th, 2008 I received my very first bible that was all mine, I won't lie, I bawled like a baby to have that book in my hands, God has brought me so far.
5) I have pink hair, not all of it is pink but I have a few stripes in my brown hair. I really adore bright pink. When I was in High School, quite some time ago, I was a goth, the only colour in my wardrobe was black but today I am all about bright colours. I just looked down and giggled though because today I AM wearing mostly black.
Hopefully I will continue to grow in the love and grace of the Lord.
Soli Deo Gloria